1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
8 tbsp good quality vegetable oil
3/4 c honey
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
1/4 c warm water
2-1/4 c oats
1 c pareve chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine honey, sugar, oil, egg replacer, water, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed (May take as much as 5 minutes.
Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Gradually add to liquid mixture. Once blended, add oatmeal and chips.
Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil. Pour mixture into pan.
Heat convection oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool. Slice in half lengthwise. Slice into 1 inch pieces Crosswise.
Wrap in foil and refrigerate until ready to use.
Liberally modified from apple oatmeal chocolate chip bars on cooks.com website.
- 2 pounds potatoes (red, idaho, yellow, or other)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon thyme (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 can artichokes (14 oz), drained
- 1/2 c basil leaves, chopped
- 1 c spinach leaves, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil into baking pan.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces, add to pan.
- Add rosemary, lemon thyme, 3 cloves garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir together and coat.
- Bake at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Place 2 tbsp olive oil in oven-proof pan.
- Drain artichokes and add. You may leave them whole, or cut them in halves.
- Add 3 cloves garlic.
- Saute for 5 minutes
- Add chopped basil and spinach and saute for another 5 minutes
- Add grated lemon peel.
- Add artichoke mixture to potatoes and gently stir together.
- Top with pine nuts
- Bake at 300 degrees for another 10 minutes.
Voila, you have a masterpiece!
1 small cabbage shredded
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/3 cup kiwi berries (or 1 kiwi sliced thin)
1 lb ground beef
28 oz diced tomatos
1 large onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
3 cups water
1 cup whole grain rice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in a large stock pot. No need to add extra oil.
2. Add shredded cabbage and diced onion. Saute until onion begins to turn color
3. Add cloves and continue to saute.
4. Add pomegranates and kiwi.
5. Add tomatoes and rice.
6. Add water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes
7. Season to taste
This is a recipe I created with ingredients from my garden. Try it; you’ll like it!!!