1 small cabbage shredded
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/3 cup kiwi berries (or 1 kiwi sliced thin)
1 lb ground beef
28 oz diced tomatos
1 large onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
3 cups water
1 cup whole grain rice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef in a large stock pot. No need to add extra oil.
2. Add shredded cabbage and diced onion. Saute until onion begins to turn color
3. Add cloves and continue to saute.
4. Add pomegranates and kiwi.
5. Add tomatoes and rice.
6. Add water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Cook for 30 minutes
7. Season to taste
This is a recipe I created with ingredients from my garden. Try it; you’ll like it!!!
I grow miniature kiwi in my garden. The fruit is slightly more than 1 inch in length. At the end of the season, I pick them and freeze them. They do not need to be peeled in this recipe.